ALL ABOUT WOMEN
Inspiring a healthy world through menstrual solutions
“If my grandmother has to choose between buying bread or sanitary pads, I understand that sanitary pads are not high on her list of priorities”
Research shows that up to 3 700 000 schoolgirls in South Africa cannot afford sanitary pads.
Help a girl in need. We would love to supply every girl in need with a pack of washable sanitary pads
that could last them up to two years and install dignity and confidence.
Join this cause today and sponsor a young girl
Gracious Nubian is a social enterprise based in Bloemfontein. We design, develop and manufacture an innovative washable sanitary pad that can be reused for up to 2 years.
We are 100% black-owned, with hands-on owner Euodia Naanyane–Bouwer and two deaf-mute seamstresses fully committed to giving rural girls their dignity back.
Gracious Nubian Media Mentions
- Global Cleantech Innovation Programme South Africa : https://youtu.be/YbodocBGriA
- Global Cleantech Innovation Programme South Africa – Runner Up and Winner of the Innovation for Social Impact Award 2017 : https://youtu.be/qkF0UDdGEG0
Euodia Naanyane-Bouwer shared some of her thoughts on OFM RADIO. “𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘶𝘯 𝘢 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘣𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴.” She also feels that balance might actually not be such a good thing after all. To find out why, listen to this podcast. https://loom.ly/ygUSowo
Listen to Euodia Naanyane-Bouwer’s interview on CapeTalk regarding her inclusion as one of the speakers at the Graduate School of Business Annual Women in Business Conference which took place in August 2020. https://loom.ly/YehyL9o
Business Eye on OFM RADIO featured – Gracious Nubian for empowering women all while protecting the planet. Listen to the podcast here: https://loom.ly/otnjQXQ
- Green Family Guide featured Euodia Naanyane-Bouwer as a Green Star! You need to read this, she shares her answers to some interesting questions … with warmth and her special sense of humor. https://loom.ly/1BbphbQ
- Cleantech innovators took on COVID-19. Gracious Nubian was proud to feature among brilliant minds! As countries started to envisage their post-pandemic landscape, with calls for green stimulus and technology, science and innovation-driven solutions growing louder, it is these enterprises that, by addressing immediate real world issues such as the pandemic and the escalating climate change crisis, can be a central catalyst in this recovery. You can read the article here: https://loom.ly/_mYVFD4
- BIZCOMMNITY shared this article on Small Businesses doing big things during lockdown. Gracious Nubian humbled by the mention and feature in this article as part of the #BizUnity. Read all about it. https://loom.ly/euPem_k
- Gracious Nubian partnered with @petradiamondsofficial handing out 1200 units of Beulah Reusable Washable Sanitary Pads to girls between the ages of 12-15 years at the Kgatelopele Schools. This project will ensured 400 vulnerable young girls experience menstruation with dignity! Read the article here: https://loom.ly/AmM7nis
Global Cleantech Innovation Programme (GCIP) of South Africa
• National Runner-up
• Social Impact Winner
Global GCIP competition, Los Angeles:
• Special Commendation for Social Impact
African Coalition for Menstrual Health Management:
• Task Force Member of Products
Technology Innovation Agency Award at African Women in Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum:
• Social Impact Runner-up
South African Coalition for Menstrual Health Management
• Co-Lead of Regulations and Policies Taskforce Member
To inspire a healthy world through menstrual solutions, and be a leading provider of affordable reusable sanitary pads in South Africa, Sub-Saharan
Africa and other developing countries worldwide.
To manufacture and deliver a high-quality and aesthetical product
To maintain integrity in all our transactions
To operate an economically viable business for the benefit of all stakeholders, including owners and customers
To ensure service excellence to customers and end-users
To ensure the health, dignity, psycho-social wellbeing, employment, and participation of all women in society